Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wednesday Wildlife

I can't help myself - whenever I see deer, I drop everything and run for the camera. This was yesterday afternoon.

Here we come, over the hill
Photobucket


Let's go see what's over here!
Photobucket


Guess the road stops here...
Photobucket

The cats also set my shutter finger to twitching.

Ya gots ta wait yo turn!
Photobucket


Last nights supper was a what can I find in the fridge/freezer/cupboard deal. What I found was chicken breasts, homemade marinara sauce (freezer), onions & yellow bell pepper (fridge), penne pasta (cupboard). So, I sauteed thinly sliced onions & bell pepper in olive oil, cut the chicken into bite sized pieces, tossed in a bit of lemon juice, red pepper flakes, basil, then threw that in the pan with the onions & peppers. Gave that a few minutes, then added the marinara sauce. Cooked some penne, tossed it all together and served it with a side of raw veggies. It was quite tasty, and even better, there are leftovers to reheat for tonight!

Workout was lower body (squats, lunges, etc) and 2 miles on the treadmill.

2 comments:

Blog said...

Love the deer, LOVE the kitty! Want some of that dinner! Sounds tasty INDEED!

HappyBlogChick said...

You just described a common meal in my house. Only difference is that I use whole wheat spaghetti instead of penne. Mmmmm, I like!

Next time I'm trying it with turkey meatballs - they were on sale last time I was at the store.

Pretty kitty!