Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Beck Diet - Day 8

Day 8: Create time and energy

Another good reminder. Weight loss takes effort, it takes mental energy. It requires planning. I've said it before: it's almost like having a second job.

Meal planning, meal prep, exercise - you have to find time for all of these things in your schedule. It may mean you have to let other things slide for a time. Or perhaps you need to ask for extra help from your spouse and/or children; they could take over an extra chore or two and give you the time you need for your weight loss plan.

I have to say, so far the most beneficial thing about the Beck program - for me - is that it is requiring me to take some time every day to think about dieting. I revisit my goals, am reminded that I need to put in the effort, take the time to plan and strategize. It keeps me focused.

I guess the trick will be to keep that focus. Remembering to review the index cards on which I have written goals and thoughts. Hopefully that will keep me on track.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Daily Record
-----------------------------------------------------------------

BF: muffin, coffee w/cream (realize muffin is not best choice, but was running late this morning)
Lunch: Salad, PB & J sandwich on multigrain bread
Snack: Yogurt
Supper: Western Sandwich on multigrain toast, sliced tomato & raw cauliflower with dip

Workout: 45 minute walk, 20 Minute Yoga Power Beauty Sweat

2 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

The Bag Lady finds it easy to lose her focus. She's just so danged busy, and has so many tasks nattering at her in her brain! Everywhere she looks, there are distractions. Maybe next month things will settle down for her.

Anonymous said...

you nailed it with the second job remark.

entirely.

even when it becomes second nature the planning never ends...

Miz.