Pages

Friday, September 5, 2008

Tomato Watch, Vol III

Yes indeed, my tomatoes are ripening nicely. I'm not exactly going to be overwhelmed with tomatoes (I can only dream of such a thing), but I think I am going to get a nice little crop for my efforts.

Photobucket

Remember that Ultra Girl tomato plant? Well, looks like she lives up to her name...Giant tomato!

Photobucket

So the other night I picked a few from different plants, just to get a feel for how ripe they are and whether they are ready to pick. I also got a few green beans and sugar snap peas.

Photobucket

So, the three little-est ones in front are Cupids, which I have been harvesting for a while now. Then there are two little Grape Tomatoes (the variety is called Sugary Grape Tomato, one of the few tomato plants I have successfully grown in containers in the past). Right above those, the smallest of the 3 large tomatoes, is a Scotia (at a more normal size than the first Scotia that I picked). Next largest is one from the Early Girl, then my giant Ultra Girl.

Photobucket

We have eaten the Scotia and the Early Girl and they were both quite tasty.

Non-Tomato Related...

Last night did not go according to plan - hence the lack of posting.

The plan was: cardio workout, some more Beck reading, update Blog...

The reality was: sit on couch with laptop and work.

I have spent this evening cleaning my house, as we are having company tomorrow. Not technically a workout, but at least I was up moving around instead of sitting. Now I feel like I need a bit of a break though, so I think I'll be taking my book to bed to read for a while.

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Crabby McSlacker said...

Love the tomato pics; very arty & tasty looking at the same time!

We tried growing 'em for the first time this year--the ones in the very sunniest spot were sweet and delicious; the rest, not so much.

But there's always next year.

the Bag Lady said...

Love your tomato photos! I really must pick mine soon, because covering them at night is getting old.

Unknown said...

Your garden is just so beautiful! I lost almost everything in mine....