Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tuesday & Wednesday

Yesterday was sunny, but breezy. After work Husband went out to light the BBQ and there was a squirrel on the fence giving a good scolding to anyone within earshot. Kept it up for quite a while too. Husband said at one point it was looking right at him, but by that time I was inside.

Photobucket

I had every intention of working out in the yard after supper, but by then the wind was feeling quite chilly, so I confess I could not convince myself to go out.

Today it was much warmer - it was beautiful when we got home from work.

My next round of tulips are blooming. This was taken from the opposite side of the yard, outside the fence.

Photobucket

I went for a walk around the fence and could see the Fabulous Felines were out enjoying the late afternoon sun.

Photobucket

All day long at work I was thinking about the gardens and what task I should tackle this evening. I finally decided I should clean up the flower bed by the driveway and put in the plants I'd picked up at the garden center on Saturday. Of course I had an audience.

Photobucket

Here's a before shot...

Photobucket

Unfortunately, by the time I finished weeding and trimming I didn't have time to put in my transplants, so the after doesn't look all that much different.

Photobucket

I wanted to get a better shot of the tulips, but by the time I got to them it was getting dark and the flash went off. I'll have to try again tomorrow.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Jaime said...

So do different types of tulips bloom at different times? My first little batch died already but I noticed a second set came out while I was away and I'm pretty sure there's a third set on it's way up.

Crissy Rae said...

The tulips are beautiful-such pretty colors. I bet it's nice to have the green grass and bright colors again.

Miz said...

I used to not love flowers.
at all.
Didnt get why they made people smile or relaxed people to tend to them.

I so get that now.
entirely.
does that mean Im getting old?

:)

JavaChick said...

Bionic - Yes; many different types with different blooming times. With a little planning, can make for a flower-filled spring.

Crystal - I am loving the warm weather and green growing things!

Miz - Let's call it growing and changing! I never would have thought I'd be so excited about gardening. Who knew?

The Merry said...

I love the tulips too. Half the ones I planted last year didn't come up, but I'm hoping they're just 'resting' and maybe will make an appearance next year.
Gardening involves a lot of hoping.

Missicat said...

Very pretty. I love how cats so enjoy watching us work!