Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Tulips!

I am so glad I took the time to plant these last fall. It was so worth it to have pretty things blooming this early in the spring.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have to say, it amazes me how fast things come along once they start. Things are definitely looking alive out there. As you can see in the picture below, I have a bit of repair work to do here. I went out with the intention of fixing it today. Then I decided to "just pull a few weeds first." Of course, once I started I kept right on going. But I'll get to it.

Photobucket

Managed to catch this little guy in my neighbor's bush as I was heading inside around supper time.

Photobucket

5 comments:

MizFit said...

SO BEAUTIFUL!
I love tulips.
I love flowers in general.
I have a black thumb.

Jaime said...

Oh....I love your garden photos. My yard wants to be your yard when it grows up. haha.

Yes, you saw tulips in my garden. Courtesy of previous owner. Weeeeee! I can also see something else (irises?) poking through the dirt, but don't remember them from last year. Odd.

Crabby McSlacker said...

So pretty! We're getting tulips now too and it's so cheerful. Cute little bird too!

the Bag Lady said...

Lovely!

I planted some tulips last year. The cats decided that the new bed I built was for them, not the tulips.
But it does look like a few of them survived the cats' relocation scheme!

Emily said...

Oh wow! I can't believe how quickly your snow turns into lush green & vibrant color!