Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

Weekly Garden Report - Vol VI

Welcome to this weeks garden report - a little later than usual. We've actually had some sun this week which is exciting. We still had some rain, but at least it wasn't every day!

I think we are entering Tomato Watch Season.

These are Sweet Cluster tomatoes, and it may be hard to tell from photos on a monitor, but they are definitely showing a change in color - a little more yellow, a little less green...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think the Cupids are going to win the race again though.

Photobucket

For those following along from my Garden Q&A: The Sweet Cluster tomatoes were started from seed and are growing in the ground; the Cupids came from the garden center and are growing in a container.

My little bell pepper is coming along as well.

Photobucket

Here we have some cute little onions:

Photobucket

Not sure how well you'll be able to see this but I think it looks pretty neat. This is a bean plant that has wound it's way up a pole, then reached over to latch onto a taller pole.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm even starting to get some green beans. Hopefully my beans will do better than my snap peas did.

Photobucket

I just think that's a pretty photo.

Last but not least, I picked some lettuce last night and pulled a few more carrots.

Photobucket

One of the carrots looks like it has a nose.

Photobucket

It made me think of Watto from Star Wars: The Phantom Menace for some reason. Or Gonzo the Great. So much fun to be had in the garden!

5 comments:

the Bag Lady said...

I am terribly envious of your tomatoes.
But my beans are producing like mad, so that's something.
Great photos!

Sagan said...

I'm just imagining how delicious everything is going to taste. Mmmmm.

Diane, Fit to the Finish said...

Wow that just looks amazing. I have the worst luck with plantings - I guess maybe that's because I forget to water them. . .

JavaChick said...

Bag Lady - I wouldn't be envious, I don't expect I'll be getting a lot of tomatoes.

Sagan - Things always taste better straight from the garden!

Diane - I haven't had to worry about watering things this year since it has hardly stopped raining. :(

Patty said...

With all the rain, you should get some good peppers! I love the little onions...they look so perfect!