Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thursday

Today started out gloomy, but by afternoon it was hot and sunny. With the chilly weather we’d been having, all our windows were closed so when we got home the house was pretty warm. Still, not going to complain about a warm sunny day – I’d be happy to have more.

Husband was tired and wanted to make supper right away. We’re getting to the end of the week’s groceries so there was not a lot to work with, but we were able to throw together a pasta.

We got a sauce going with chicken breasts, onion, garlic, red bell peppers & tomatoes, seasoned with crushed chilies & rosemary. The I put a pot of water on to boil and took Fred out for a short walk. He would have preferred longer, but I figured a short walk was better than nothing!

When Fred & I came in, the water was boiling so I threw in the pasta, added some sliced olives to the sauce, and tidied the kitchen.

Turned out pretty good.

IMG_6608

Of course, I wanted cheese on mine (Husband doesn’t really care). I didn’t have a lot to choose from – basically Havarti or Cheddar, so I went with Cheddar.

IMG_6609IMG_6610 

I watched Eastwick while eating my supper.

I used up the rest of our salad veggies to make my lunch for tomorrow, washed the dishes, and had a walk on the treadmill.

I did have a little snack – finished off a container of hummus (there wasn’t a whole lot left).

IMG_6611

Now I think it’s time to crawl in bed and read for a bit. I’m getting sleepy.

2 comments:

Miz said...

and its friday :)

big weekend plans?

whatcha reading when you crawl in bed?
Ive been sucked into nonfiction lately---not usually me---and was up until 1a last night reading away while everyone else slept.

I love those nights even if I am tired now :)

JavaChick said...

Yes! It's Friday! No big weekend plans except to relax...and clean the house...and make some soup to freeze for lunches...and can another batch of salsa....Hmmm...this is starting to sound not very relaxing...