Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Feels like Friday

Another not-nice day. Have we really hit the I-won't-be-warm-again-until-June time of year? Already? Sigh.

I had to work to convince myself to go out for a break this afternoon. It wasn't raining, it's just that I was cold and I figured I would be colder if I went outside. But. I always find the day so long if I don't get out of the office for a little bit, so out I went.

I took the shortest route that would get me indoors again - straight to Brunswick Square (5 minute walk). From there, I walked all the way through to Market Square (another 5 minutes). I see this happening a lot in the winter. The round trip would give me about 20 minutes.

While there, I decided to have a look around my favourite store in Market Square. Too see if they had anything new and interesting. Which they did. I could not resist. Into the dressing room I went. Inspired by Jaime, I took some photos with my iPhone.

Full disclosure here - they have skinny mirrors in this store. Hey, but maybe combining the skinny mirrors + the camera adds pounds thing = true representation? Probably not, but that's the way my convoluted brain works.

Could these count as my before pictures for the Holiday Challenge? As long as I go back and take the after pics in the same skinny mirrors? I'm sure there will be sales in January that I would love to shop which would give me a cover story for going into the dressing room and taking updated photos...

Anyway, on to the photographic evidence!

Still in my own clothes, trying out this self-portraiture thing.

IMG_0189

And my two favourites looks of what I tried on:

IMG_0194 IMG_0197

I may have walked out of the store with some purchases. And there you have it – a rare JavaChick sighting on the blog.

I ended up being gone for about 45 minutes. When I got back to the office I had a snack.

IMG_0198

We headed home from work around 6 PM. And we’re done until Tuesday! It’s Thanksgiving weekend which means Monday is a holiday and we both took tomorrow off. No big plans, just really looking forward to have four days at home.

We had planned to stop for Thai takeout on the way home but Husband had a craving and we ended up with:

IMG_0199

I know. What’s that doing here on a healthy living blog? Once every 2 – 3 months Husband gets a craving and we hit the drive thru. I generally just go ahead and have my favourite thing which is a Spicy Chicken with fries. And of course I shared my chicken with my pal.

IMG_0202 IMG_0206

I also had 2 Girl Guide cookies that Husband brought home from work.

Did my workout for the day – intervals on the treadmill.  Had a good stretch. Now I’m just relaxing, soon to head to bed.

14 comments:

The Merry said...

Hafta say, your pal does not look impressed with the leftovers. Next time, bring the whole entree fresh from the drive-thru and let the cat have first pick ;)

p.s. Great pix!

the Bag Lady said...

I love both of those on you! (Did you buy both?)

And it is really cold here (no, really) with all this freakin' snow on the ground!! Sigh.

Annette said...

Junk food every few months sounds just right, its all in the balance, right?
I still haven't figured out where you live - snow on the ground? Thanksgiving weekend? Sounds like Canada.....

carla said...

I LOVED seeing your face!!!

(what did you end up getting?)

JavaChick said...

Merry - He never seems to think that I've given him enough chicken. Go figure.

Bag Lady - Yes, I did buy both. We don't have snow yet, so I guess I shouldn't be complaining so much! It's mainly that it has suddenly turned so cold in the office. You expect it to cool off outside, but the office is supposed to be heated.

Annette - Yes, I am on the East Coast of Canada. Fortunately no snow in my area yet, but farther north they are getting some.

Carla - I bought both sweaters, plus the button down shirt and t-shirt that I tried underneath them. Time to stock up on sweaters!

Shhh said...

Girl Guide cookies are kryptonite! My neice sells them. I buy a box and don't take the box... lol.

Sagan said...

Ooh JavaChick sighting! I especially like the solid blue sweater. Definitely sweater-weather.

Charlotte said...

I don't think I've ever "seen" you before! You are adorable! I love the argyle sweater look - that shade of blue is my fave:)

Jillian said...

Mmm spicy chicken and girl guide cookies- 2 of my most favorite things! I'm still waiting for someone to come to my door selling those delicious cookies haha

I came across your blog not too long ago and was shocked to see that we live in the same city! And I agree, it's getting way too cold for my liking. Have a great turkey weekend!

JavaChick said...

Shhh - Having any cookies around is pretty much trouble for me. :)

Sagan - Thanks, I really like that sweater to; love the color.

Charlotte - Nice to finally meet your "face to face" as it were. I have a fondness for argyle sweaters, I have to admit.

Jillian - Hi! Nice to meet a fellow Saint John-er!

Jennifer Spinney Gutierrez said...

Sweater weather is fast approaching here as well. We had a hot sunny week this week but by this afternoon the clouds started rolling in and it got very chilly. At this point i am vowing to make do with the sweaters i already own-but it's hard to resist the temptation to buy at least one! Love the blue on you!

Jennifer Spinney Gutierrez said...

PS-too bad you live so far away. i have three crates of girl guide cookies to sell. so far we have resisted the temptation to open one up. but that day is coming, and soon!

JavaChick said...

Jen - That's okay - we don't need anymore cookies!

Crabby McSlacker said...

Love the javachick sighting! And nice outfits, you look great in them.