Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Take-Out Friday

I just realized that nothing I ate yesterday was made at home. Outside of travelling, doesn’t happen often.

Friday breakfast Ciabatta with bacon, egg & cheddar – and coffee of course.

IMG_0223

Then I didn’t get hungry at all. I had brought an Amy’s Kitchen Burrito, but felt like I wanted something lighter. The burrito stayed in the freezer and I went and grabbed a salad.

IMG_0224

With Lemon Poppy Seed dressing which was pretty good. There were these leaves in the salad with stems and veins that were a lovely pinky-purpley color that I thought must be baby beet greens. Then I got a mouth full of them and they tasted like beets. I also realized that I still do not like beets. Aside from the pickled ones my mom makes.

I also ate the Honeycrisp apple that I’d brought. I wasn’t hungry, I just wanted the apple.

Friday is always treat day at our office. I may or may not partake, depends on what the treats are. Today I had a two-bit Halloween cupcake (which I ate in three bites).

IMG_0225

The pile of icing was almost as tall as the cupcake, but it was actually good icing; it tasted buttery. Sometimes icing just tastes like sugar, and I find that too sweet.

On the workout agenda for Friday was the Circuit Workout, and I wasn’t sure what I was going to do. We stopped for our usual Thai takeout, and I knew I wouldn’t want to do circuit training on a full stomach. I considered swapping and doing cardio after supper, then Circuit Training on Saturday.

Once we got home, I decided I felt like doing the Circuit Workout and getting it out of the way. We are less than 5 minutes from the Thai place, and the Pad Thai stays hot for a long time in those little cartons. During the summer I was taking Frank out for walks before eating, so it wouldn’t be much different to do the circuit workout.

So, changed clothes, whipped through the workout, then settled down to my Pad Thai with Tofu and some shows on the PVR.

IMG_0227

Went to bed around 9:30 with Richard Castle. Also two cats and a Husband. Yes, it was a little crowded. 

No comments: