Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Still Struggling

Still not feeling great and still having a hard time staying out of the sugar. Wah!

Breakfast:

IMG_7616

We had an office wide meeting today, from 11 – 12:00 and then they were bringing in pizza for lunch. The pizza ended up being really late arriving and I was starving for some reason. There were 3 different kinds of cookies and a bunch of other treats for the meeting, so I ended up having a molasses cookie.

IMG_0281

I can’t remember the last time I had a molasses cookie – it was pretty good. Finally the pizza arrived and I went with my usual choice – the ham & pineapple.

IMG_0282

Yes, that’s three pieces but the were skinny slices.

That kept me full for the afternoon though.

Last cruise ship of the season was in port today – the Queen Mary 2; I didn’t even realize it was here until we were heading home from work. Normally when there’s a ship in you see tourists everywhere, but I guess it’s too cold for that now. Poor tourists! Hopefully their other stops will be warmer (I have no idea what the route is).

I did get out for a short break around 2 pm, but for some reason I was squirming in my seat all afternoon. I wish our office was bigger so that I could walk around and stretch my legs when that happens. There’s really no where to go; I end up going to the bathroom every hour (or more) just to move my legs.

It was 6:00 before Husband was ready to head home. I was very happy that we had leftovers for supper and didn’t need to worry about cooking.

I walked in the door, fed the cats (that’s always the first thing I do), changed into my workout clothes. Then, I confess, I ate two Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.

Then I hit the treadmill to do my intervals. I’m still alternating walking and running, and the running is still feeling great with the gel insoles in my sneakers. I can’t tell you how happy that makes me.

After my cardio session, I went up to the kitchen and started some rice in the rice cooker. While I waited for that, I prepped some carrots, celery, onion & garlic in anticipation of using the slow cooker tomorrow.

I had wanted to pull out the slow cooker last week, and that first night that we were late getting home, and were in the kitchen cooking soup & stir-fry, I was really cranky thinking to myself that if we had done what I wanted to do supper would have been ready. So this week I’m sticking to my guns.  :)

So supper is not very exciting – a repeat of last night.

IMG_7618

IMG_7619

And after supper I had a bit more sugar.

IMG_7620

I think next week I may have to reinstate the sugar ban.

I will say that I felt better after my cardio session than I have in days. Maybe that’s what I needed.

Tomorrow…The return of the slow cooker!

6 comments:

Gina; The Candid RD said...

Sugar BAN?!?! No way! how about just "be more limiting in your sugar choices". :) Whenever I ban my sugar intake, it just gets worse in the end! If you just don't think about it too much, it's easier than trying to force yourself to give it up. At least it is for me. But who knows!
Can't wait to see what you create in the slow cooker!

Christy said...

I need to try my slowcooker. My husband had one before we even met and it's been in storage ever since. I see so many wonderful recipes and keep wanting to try one. Maybe I'll piggyback with you and do it tomorrow!

carla said...

Im with Gina AND for me processed stuff like white rice etc serves to worsen my sugar cravings as well.

That said I have banned a few things around here (Hello Vitatop muffins!)

JavaChick said...

Gina - Most of the time I do ok with limiting sugar, but every once in a while I seem to go out of control. Cutting it out seems to help me reset. We shall see though; it may just run it's course and I'll get back to normal.

Christy - We got a slow cooker for the first time last winter and it is so nice to come home to dinner that is ready to go!

MizFit - For me, potato chips are the one thing that can't be kept in the house; if they are around I will eat them.

Crabby McSlacker said...

I've never been able to ban sugar entirely--but I sure struggle with sugar escalation from time to time, and totally get the need to "reset" at lower levels.

Good luck with that!

JavaChick said...

Crabby - Thanks! Hoping it won't be too painful (it usually isn't).