Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

The Sun’ll Come Out…On Monday…

Saturday we had fog, Sunday was more fog, interspersed with rain – some real downpours – so we took advantage of a weekend with no plans and goofed off.

IMG_9196

IMG_9198

Sunday, during a break in the rain, I happened to be looking out the living room window, watching the resident gopher graze on the neighbor’s lawn. I saw it go into the tall grass and weeds at the end of the lawn and it looked like it was reaching up for something. Of course, I had to get out my binoculars (stalker gear, as my husband calls them, but I only spy on the wildlife, I promise!) to see what it was doing.

Not sure how well you’ll be able to see this, since it was taken through the window at max zoom on my little camera.

IMG_9191

There are these weeds with purple flowers – really quite pretty – and Mr. Gopher was standing on his hind legs, reaching up to pull them down so he could nibble on them. I’m not sure what the actual name of the plant is, we always called them wild peas because they get little seed pods that look like miniature pea pods. Anyway, they are apparently quite tasty. If you’re a gopher anyway.

Speaking of tasty…

IMG_9184

I have been looking and looking and looking and I finally got my hands on some Liberte Greek Yogurt and the Coconut flavored Mediterranee. I actually had found the Vanilla flavored Greek Yogurt a while back and tried it. I wasn’t crazy about it – I find the Liberte Vanilla flavors are too sweet for me. Husband likes it though, so I got a tub of the Vanilla for him, and the plain Green and the coconut for me.

Breakfast on Sunday morning (and Monday morning…)

IMG_9186

Kashi Honey Almond Flax + Coconut yogurt + blackberries. Awesome in a bowl.

What’s that? Why yes, that is a pretty table…

IMG_9183

I went out on Saturday to look for some hooks to hang some strawberry baskets on and Husband said something about maybe we should have a table for out in the yard…So I found this one at Pier 1.

I was quite disappointed that it was rainy and yucky yesterday because I wanted to take my table out and get my strawberry baskets up.

Today the sun came back and it was lovely and hot outside when we got home from work, so after supper I went outside, intending to arrange my  new lawn furniture (ok, the table with the two chairs that my dad made) but ended up getting side tracked.

IMG_9200

I stepped out on the deck and saw a bunch of baby trees sitting in the yard.

We’re having a bit of work done to the hill facing the road.

IMG_9203

The grass just doesn’t grow well there, and it’s kind of uninteresting looking, since it’s just the end of our house facing the road. So the flower bed there has been expanded – quite a bit, that top corner where you can actually see trees and plants was all that was there before. They came and expanded the bed last Thursday, and must have dropped off the trees today.

IMG_9209

So I couldn’t exactly arrange my table and chairs…

IMG_9225

I will soon though, and will post updated veggie garden pics. Honestly, it’s like things grew overnight out there. Including weeds, so there’s some work to be done – hopefully tomorrow.

It’s just amazing. Last week I was out there thinking my tomato plants were still looking a little spindly….

IMG_9204

IMG_9206

Now they are turning into big, bushy, lovely plants.

IMG_9207

Everything is so green. I guess the rainy weekend wasn’t such a bad thing!

3 comments:

Annette said...

Rainy weekends are the best (sometimes) - and you for sure made the best out of it! The cats look so happy, and little gopher is so cute!

the Bag Lady said...

Things look so lovely and green! It has been very dry here, and it shows.
Love the gopher shot - hope he enjoyed his little feast.

Sagan said...

You really have such a beautiful home.

Also, I like how the way the world looks changes so much when there's fog. it's so mystical!