Pages

Friday, January 16, 2015

Wherein JavaChick has a conversation with herself


Say! Whatever happened to that 21 Day Fix thing you had going on?
Oh yeah, that didn't happen.

Monday of week 2, I came home from work with a headache of monster proportions; I curled up in my living room chair and tried not to move too much because it made me dizzy. Tuesday was better, but I was extremely tired. "That's okay," I thought. "I'll just pick up where I left off and do as much as I can." Somehow that didn't quite happen. Vacation was coming up and my attitude was somewhere in the vicinity of IwishIwasonvacationalreadyandIdon'twannadoanything.

I think, when it comes right down to it, I just don't love the 21 Day Fix workouts. They aren't bad workouts, mind you, and they are the type of workout I usually like, but I just didn't look forward to doing them at all. I will give it another try someday.

So how was your much anticipated vacation?
I had two weeks off over the holidays, and enjoyed every minute!

I was sorta lazy - I didn't work out at all - but I was on my feet a lot more than usual, puttering around the house rather than sitting behind a desk. It's nice to pick away at things without time pressure.

Hardly noticed that the new year rolling in...I mean I noticed; the date changed and all that; it just happened without any kind of fanfare. Dec. 31st is our wedding anniversary (Happy 13 years!) and normally we do something fun, but Husband was on call, thus had to work...I was at home, puttering around the house, doing cleaning and sorting...didn't even make a special dinner or anything. It was just a normal day. But that's okay...It has been a happy 13 years.


Husband looks so young! I, of course, look exactly the same...*cough cough*


Well what are you going to do now that you are back to the normal work routine? Time to stop being lazy isn't it?
Husband is back on the get healthy kick. He sounds quite serious/determined this time. He's looking at kind of a strict plan, which makes me worried that he will get discouraged. I am currently walking the line between supportively-going-with-it and gently-sharing-advice/opinions...I think some of it you just have to learn on your own from experience though. The good thing about it is he is obviously thinking about it, and we've been having some good conversations (where previously he was more likely to brush off any comments I made). We shall see how it goes.

I am participating in a Facebook challenge group - sort of a January get back on track and change your life thing. I am mainly doing it because I am planning to start a new workout program, and I had good success doing PiYo with a similar group over the summer. My foot is a lot better, though not completely back to normal...Maybe not quite as improved as I had thought; it seems like it has been bothering me more lately, probably from spending more time on my feet over the holidays...But I am hoping I will be okay as long as I am careful.

How is that going then? It's the middle of January already, you know.
Well.  Let's just say I've been doing a lot of mental ranting for the past week.

Week 1. Back to work Jan 5. We started our healthy eating effort - which at this point mostly has me packing lunches & snacks for both of us every day. There were still some leftover treats being finished up at this point, but we were trying to be conscious of moderation.

Workout wise, I am planning to do Les Mills Pump. I was kind of excited. I own a barbell now. I've had dumbbells for years, but now I have a new fitness toy to play with, and I'm hoping the workouts will be fun.

The challenge group does not officially start until next week, but I plan to at least try a few workouts ahead of time...Except when I try to play the DVD I get a disk error. I tried disk 2 with the same result. They work upstairs in our Blu-ray player though, so Husband says we will replace the DVD player downstairs which is old anyway.

Week 2. The challenge group officially started Jan 11. Leftover treats are gone, getting a bit more serious about this clean eating thing. What sounded like a simple, straight-forward solution to my workout woes ended up dragging on until Wednesday evening due to unforeseen technical difficulties.

Wednesday afternoon/evening I could feel another monster headache coming on (I lost my bite plate; I think I'm going to have to get a new one). I had an early-ish deploy on Thursday morning, so I decided to work from home. I was all mentally prepared to jump up from my comfy living room chair at the end of my workday, and try my first Pump workout...And then Husband called and said "we're going out to dinner." Oh well. At this point, what's another day or two?

Next week there will be workouts! You know, if I don't come down with the flu or get hit by a stray asteroid or something. 

Anything else?
We had warm weather (relatively speaking) until late in December. Snow finally made an appearance on January 9, and shows every sign of sticking around. It seems that winter is here.




I am not tired of my fairies yet. Fortunnately, there is no one to say that I have to be!





2 comments:

CARLA said...

I love the monologue post as, really, this is how I amble through my whole life.
<3
xo

Crabby McSlacker said...

Me too, I love hearing other people have these extended conversations with themselves! Yours sound way more sensible than mine though.

And love the pictures, both of the pretty snow and the adorable shot of you guys!